My early attempts at using the Aeropress were less than stellar. But now, like most things, I’ve gotten better.
First, always grind right before you brew. Pre-ground coffee isn’t really coffee. That is all I will say on the matter.
To make an amazing cup of coffee, follow the steps below. Morning brewing is an addictive routine that can have a “meditative” effect–I love it.
What you will need:
- Aeropress + Aeropress Filter
- a way to boil water (this is what I use and it’s awesome)
- High-quality beans (Wild Coffee all the way!)
- Coffee grinder (This thing is a little workhorse)
- Bring 8oz water to a boil
- Rinse filter and end cap with hot water
- Invert Aeropress until plunger is set at the 4
- Grind 18oz coffee to as fine as table salt
- Pour water that is 30 seconds off boil over ground to wet grounds
- Let bloom for 30 seconds (let sit, you will see little bubbles)
- Stir grounds
- Pour in rest of water
- Place top and flip over a cup or mug
- Press slowly (about 10 seconds) until you hear a hissing sound
- Enjoy hot or iced or continue to making Butter Coffee