Post Series Kick-off: Butternut Squash Soup
I love to cook and I love to save time. I’m selective about how I spend my time.
These two ‘loves’ are in competition because cooking takes time, sometimes a lot of it.
Not to mention the dishes, clean-up, prep, and grocery shopping. Ugh..yea it can be a pain. It is overwhelming at times to cook healthy meals at home. It takes time and work.
It is a excellent investment of your time, well worth the many benefits, but we can still benefit from cooking hacks, shortcuts, and quicker ways of getting it done.
Whether you love to cook or not, you can benefit from simple, tasty recipes that you can use over and over. That is what I’m aiming for in this post series titled Easy Paleo Recipes.
Easy Paleo Recipe posts are going to include the following:
- Few ingredients
- Easy to prepare recipes
- Minimal time required
- A downloadable PDF for printing
- and eventually matching wallet-size plastic cards that you can bring to the grocery store and in the kitchen (like these)
Let’s kick this beast off with the first recipe (one of my favorites):
- 1 Peeled/chopped butternut squash (frozen works well)
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 2 TBSP coconut oil (or other Paleo-friendly oil)
- 1 TSP cinnamon
- 1/2 TSP nutmeg
- 1 TSP sea salt
- Saute Onion in large pot
- Add cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt
- Add squash to pot and pour in stock
- Boil squash until tender
- Puree soup until smooth
- Garnish options: Fresh herbs, green onions, nuts/seeds, Olive oil
Download The PDF and add it to your recipe collection!